So I thought I'd liven up the Blog and create a little guide to help with planning your wedding day and from time to time have guest writers join me to answer your questions! I also regularly get asked to recommend other professionals within the wedding industry so I'll also be sharing some of my favourite wedding friends with you at the same time.
For my first instalment to the wedding guide, we have Leanne, from Leanne Jackson Makeup!
Leanne is a Lancashire based makeup artist, professionally trained in bridal and editorial makeup. Her work is amazing and I have had the pleasure of working alongside her on numerous occasions. She's always first on my list when recommending a makeup artist and is such a lovely lady to boot!
Here she explains why you should consider a professional makeup artist on your wedding day and what to expect once you've booked.
When it comes to your wedding you spend so much time planning every last detail you mustn't forget about yourself. With all eyes on you, hiring a professional make up artist will ensure you feel your absolute best and here's why...
1) Before The big day a professional make up artist will advise meeting for a trial. Not only will this ensure you get your look right for the wedding day it will also allow your make up artist to offer advice on skincare and any treatments you are considering to ensure you achieve your exact bridal look.
2) As it's not essential for all members of the bridal party to have a trial, with a hired professional make up artist you can rest assured that they know which ingredients and products to avoid on certain skin types, meaning there's no risk of any unexpected allergies walking down the aisle!
3) on your wedding day eve you may be staying at your venue with light you are not used to. Imagine waking in the morning to do your own make up then stepping into natural light to realise you look more Coco the clown than Coco Chanel!
A professional make-up artist will bring all equipment required for perfect application including daylight lights to create the perfect light in any situation.
4) While you may feel confident applying your everyday make up your wedding day certainly isn't an everyday occasion. For your wedding you will want to look and feel special and a make-up artist will know exactly how to create your perfect look. They will highlight your best bits, accentuating certain parts and hide/minimise areas you're not so keen on.
Odd one out
5) As well as ensuring you look your best your make-up artist will advise your bridal party too. They will be able to create and tailor make a look for each individual bridesmaid that reflects them yet ensure everyone compliments each other.
The test of time
6) On your wedding day all eyes will be on you so you want to ensure this is for all the right reasons. Your make up artist will ensure every step of makeup application is seamlessly applied, blended and set, meaning no unblended foundation or contour lines and that your make up is set to withstand tears, hugs, kisses and sweat right till the last dance.
7) So now you've decided to hire a professional make up artist just remember on the morning of your wedding you can sit back and relax safe in the knowledge make up is under control. No Bride wants to attempt a black eyeliner with a flick on her wedding morning, it's true, liquid eyeliner can sense fear!! Leave it in the hands of the professionals.